I made this smoothie to send in for the Monthly Blog Patrol, an event started by Coffee from The Spice Café. This month’s event is being hosted by Sig from Live To Eat whose theme is Mixed Drinks. The recipe has to be a post from another food blog and required a minimum of two ingredients to be mixed together. Quite a few such drinks were ruled out for me because we don’t drink alcohol.
I finally found something I liked at Margot’s Euro-Caribbean food blog, Coffee Vanilla. She has quite a few smoothies and milkshakes posted on her blog but I decided to go with the Pineapple Coco Banana Smoothie.
I didn’t make too many changes. I mostly kept to the recipe with substitutions where I didn’t have the ingredient Margot used.
Margot's Pineapple Banana Coco Smoothie (GF)
- 2 cups yogurt , unsweetened plain
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice , fresh
- 1 25 g coconut milk sachet powder
- 1 banana big ripe
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Blend everything together, adding sugar if required, and serve cold. I added a few slivers of chocolate before serving. Makes 4 smoothies.
- I didnu2019t add sugar as I used sweetened pineapple juice and both the banana and the oranges were quite sweet.