Grape, Strawberry And Mandarin Orange Salad
A fresh seasonal sweet and savory grapes, strawberries and mandarin orange salad with mint and a fresh orange juice and honey dressing.
For the Salad:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries hulled, cleaned and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups seedless black grapes whole or halved
- 1 cup mandarin orange sections
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds or pine nuts
- small bunch fresh mint leaves
For the Dressing:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsps orange juice
- 2 tsps honey
- to taste crushed black pepper
- to taste salt
Toast the sunflower seeds/ pine nuts in a skillet until light golden in colour. Set aside to cool.
Put the sliced strawberries, grapes and orange sections in a large salad bowl. Add the mint, reserving a few leaves for garnishing. Refrigerate until youu2019re ready to serve the salad.
Make the dressing and just before serving add it to the bowl. Add the salt and pepper and toss lightly so that the salad is evenly coated in the dressing. Sprinkle the nuts on top and garnish with mint.