Chukku Kapi (A Herbal Coffee With Dry Ginger And Black Pepper from Kerala)
A Indian spiced coffee and a kitchen remedy for colds and coughs, with dried ginger, crushed black pepper, cumin and Indian/ Holy basil.
- 1 tsp finely grated dried ginger (or well crushed 1/2" to 3/4u201d piece)
- 1/2 tsp freshly crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 5 or 6 basil leaves holy/ Indian (Thulasi)
- to taste powdered palm jaggery (Karuppatti) or regular jaggery
- 1 tsp instant powder coffee
Put the water in a small pan and put all the ingredients into it, except the coffee powder. Bring the mixture to a boil and let it simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes. Add the coffee powder, mix well and take the pan off the heat.
Strain the Chukku Kapi into two glasses or mugs and serve hot.