Announcing Monthly Blog Patrol, August 2008: "Fruit Fare"
This August, I have the honour of guest hosting Monthly Blog Patrol (or MBP as it is popularly known) on this blog.
MBP was started by Coffee of Spice Café, and involves searching through food blogdom (for want of a better word to describe the world of food blogs) for a recipe and cooking it up based upon the theme chosen by each month’s host.
I have chosen”Fruit Fare” to be this month’s theme. We eat fruit mostly its natural form because we enjoy it that way. I am, however, always looking for ways to incorporate more fruit into our diet, especially because it is the one way I can get our daughter (who is not very partial to most fruit) to have some.
This does not mean that you would be looking for desserts only. Think of everyday breakfast, lunch and dinner fare such as salads, soups, smoothies, shakes, to mention just a few. Exotic fruit fare and dessert is also most welcome.
The picture I have used in this logo is a drawing our daughter, Akshaya, did when she was eight.
The rules for this event:
1) You have to cook something, based on the theme “Fruit Fare”, from fellow bloggers’ recipe collections (only blogs) and not from other cooking/ food sites.
2) Post a picture of your re-creation with a link to the original recipe from which you cooked. If you wish, you may write a post about it or highlight any changes/ substitutions you might have made. In your post, please also link to this announcement and Coffee’s MBP event page. Please feel free to use the logo, if you wish.
3) Send me an e-mail at [email protected] [aprna(zero) (zero)@gmail.com], with “MBP Fruit Fare” as subject. In your e-mail, please include.
• Your name.
• The name of your blog and location.
• A permalink/ url of your post.
• The permalink/ url of the recipe from which you cooked.
• A picture of your dish (300 pixels, please)
You may send in as many submissions as you want. Please remember that your entries must be vegetarian (eggs allowed)
If you do not have a blog but would like to a part of this event, please send me your post with all the required details and I will be happy to include it in the round-up.
The deadline for submissions to this event is the 25th of August, 2008 (till midnight your time) . I hope to have the round-up done by the beginning of September.