…. And Butterscotch Brownies/ Blondies!
In my previous post, I did say it would be natural for anyone who likes chocolate to like chocolate brownies. Well, my daughter likes chocolate but actually likes something better than brownies.
Butterscotch Brownies/ Blondies! The magic word in these set of words is the “butterscotch”. For a long time, every time we went out for ice-cream she would ask for only one of two flavours - vanilla or butterscotch.
So whenever I make brownies (and sometimes when I don’t), I have to make these blondies for her. And she likes them better without the walnuts. If you are like her, feel free to leave out the walnuts in this recipe.
This recipe is from the book Cookies Step-By-Step Techniques published by Sunset.
- Melt the butter over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, and beat, by hand, till well mixed.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, salt (if using) and walnuts. Pour the batter into a greased 8” square tin and smoothen the top
- Bake at 190C (375F) for 20 to 25 minutes till golden and done. Cool in the tin, remove and cut into squares.
- As previously mentioned, I have a 6” square tin, so my blondies are a bit thicker and I get 16 squares with this recipe