Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Tried and Tasted is an event which started by Zlamushka who blogs at Zlamushka's Spicy Kitchen. The aim of this event is to showcase one blog, every month, allowing fellow food bloggers to thoroughly explore the featured blog and choose one or more recipes to "try and taste" in their own kitchens.
This month I have the opportunity of guest hosting Tried and Tasted right here and the pleasure of introducing Lisa's Vegetarian Kitchen as the featured blog. Her blog is one I follow regularly and I am sure, that most of you would also need no introduction to Lisa's blog.
Lisa is based in London, Ontario in Canada and has been vegetarian for the last 18 years. She loves Indian food and she says, "If you want to know what sensible vegetarians eat, Lisa's Kitchen is the place to be."
I am a vegetarian and I can assure you that that Lisa has a very wide collection of vegetarian recipes from various parts of the world just waiting to be discovered and put to test in your kitchen (if you haven't already done so). Either way, this is the perfect opportunity to thoroughly explore what she has been cooking so far.
To be a part of Tried and Tasted, just do the following.
1. Cook one (or more) of Lisa's recipes, staying as true to her recipe as possible, and post about it between the 1st and the 30th of April, 2009. Re-posting Lisa's recipe is not required, though if you did make any changes it would be nice to know what changes you did make and why.
2. Please link you’re your post to Lisa's recipe post, Zlamushka's original event announcement and this particular post. This is important as it would be unfair not to give credit where it is required and also to avoid copyright issues.
3. Then please send me an e-mail with the following details at mdk[dot]aparna[at]gmail[dot]com
The name of your blog:
The url/ link of your post:
The url/ link of the Lisa's post which you tried and tested:
A 300 pixel picture of your preparation
4. The deadline for submissions is the midnight of the 30th of April (your time wherever you live). Please feel free to use the event logo along with your post. You will find a smaller version on the right hand column of my blog.
5. Non-bloggers are most welcome to be apart of this event. Please send me details of what you tried from Lisa's blog with a picture, if possible, and I will be happy to include it in the round-up.
I will be away from Goa from the beginning of April till the 8th and then again for about a week, around the middle of the month. I will not be able to acknowledge your mails till I get back, so please bear with me. I am posting this announcement today as I will be away from tomorrow. Please note that this event runs from tomorrow, the 1st of April to the 30th of the month.
Looking forward to seeing what you all cook up from Lisa's Kitchen.
I will post the round-up of the "tried and tasted" versions of Lisa's recipes by the end of the first week of May.
Do look out for the round-up of the previous edition at Sweatha's Tasty Curry Leaf where the featured blog was Suganya's Tasty Palettes.