I have been tagged by Red Chillies to do a meme about 7 random or weird facts about myself.
I have been wondering what to do about the meme. It does feel nice to be tagged ( in the very short time I have been blogging, it is encouraging to know that I have been noticed), but I wasn’t sure I wanted to take it up, for no other reason other than the fact that I am not the sort who opens up about even vaguely personal things. Does this qualify for a weird thing about me?
I first looked up the exact meaning of “weird”. According to my very voluminous dictionary, weird refers to supernatural, strikingly odd or unusual, or strange. I do not believe I am any of these, though my husband and daughter tell me that I can be odd or strange, on occasion. A few others may feel the same but no one has shared this opinion with me so far!!
I finally decided that I would do the meme in the spirit of the idea. I have to warn all of you that are going to read this, that there is nothing very exciting coming up. I am just an ordinary sort of a person (not a mover or a shaker or any thing remotely exciting) getting on with the business of doing the best of whatever I can.
So read on. The rules for this meme are
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
And seven (weird or otherwise) facts about me.
1. I have this “thing” about neatness and hate searching endlessly for things which refuse to be found. I tend to get upset when things are left lying around. And my husband and daughter tend to get upset when I rave and rant! I have toned this down a bit, I would like to think.
2. I have lived in eight different places so far and been to many more. The positive thing about this is that I have seen and learned to appreciate that while people may look, dress, eat and speak differently, that on the inside everyone is really the same.
3. I love milagapodi and will have it with a variety of foods. As an example, I like it as a spread in sandwiches! My husband thinks this is totally weird.
4. One of my favourite things to do would be reading. I have too many books that I like to mention them all and read books of a wide variety. In fact, the staff at the library I go to notice if I haven’t been there in a week.
5. I enjoy listening to music, classical or otherwise.
6. One thing I have always wanted to do and plan to do sometime in the next 30 years or so, is to learn to play the guitar.
7. My grand dad and my dad were both teachers. My husband is one, too.
I would like to tag the following bloggers to keep this thread going. Doing this meme is not compulsory and the choice is yours.